- March 4, 2020
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Business Continuity Planning for Pandemic Events
Planning for a pandemic event by business and industry are essential to minimize a pandemic’s impact. In this class, we will develop your own Pandemic Policy using the supplied template provided to all students
To reduce the impact of a pandemic on your operations, employees, customers, and the general public, it is important for all businesses and organizations to begin continuity planning for a pandemic now. Lack of continuity planning can result in a cascade of failures as employers attempt to address challenges of a pandemic with insufficient resources and employees who might not be adequately trained in the jobs they will be asked to perform. Proper planning will allow employers to better protect their employees and prepare for changing patterns of commerce and potential disruptions in supplies or services.
In this informative workshop we will discuss the following topics:
- Who Should Plan for a Pandemic event?
- How Influenza Can Spread Between People
- Classifying Employee Exposure to Pandemic Influenza at Work
- How to Maintain Operations During a Pandemic
- Develop a Disaster Plan
- Protect Employees and Customers
- Work Practice and Engineering Controls
- Administrative Controls
- Steps Every Employer Can Take to Reduce the Risk of Exposure to Pandemic Influenza in Their Workplace
This workshop is approved for 4 CEU Hours by The Illinois Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Education and Research Center, The University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
Your Instructor: – Dennis Terpin –ASSP Chicago/ Hawaii Chapter Member
Download Business Continuity Planning for Pandemic Events
Venue: Hygieneering, Inc.
7575 Plaza Court