- September 23, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Managing Respiratory Protection Programs ©2019
The Respiratory Protection Program (RPP) Administrator OSHA – ANSI Z88.10 – Fit Testing Workshop
This program is approved for 6 – CEU Hours
Part 1: Respiratory Protection Programs, Respiratory Protection Program Development and Administration – Mandatory 29 CFR 1910.134(c)(3).
- 134(c)(3) – The employer shall designate a program administrator who is qualified by appropriate training or experience that is commensurate with the complexity of the program to administer or oversee the respiratory protection program and conduct the required evaluations of program effectiveness.
- Identify administrative components required for employers to establish a respiratory protection.
- Identify the requirements for personal protective equipment in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.132.
- Describe the multiple technologies to conduct qualitative and quantitative fit testing in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Identify how the Respiratory Protection Standard interacts with other OSHA
Part 2: Developing Your Employee Training Program – Mandatory 1910.134(K)
- Training and information. In this session we will learn how to develop your in house training program. Your training must be comprehensive, understandable, and recur annually and more often if necessary. Includes a take home PowerPoint training program.
Part 3: OSHA Appendix A Mandatory and ANSI, Z88.10 Annex A1 Fit Testing Workshop
- Define the key roles, protocols and practices in OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard, Appendix A, Appendix B-2 Mandatory.
- Identify how to Inspect Respirators Prior to Fit Testing, General Fit Testing Comments and Procedures, Donning/Doffing procedures, Fitting Tips, Strap Adjustment, User Seal Checks, Saccharin & Bitrex, Qualitative and Quantitative Fit Test Fit Testing Procedures & Demonstration, Inspection Procedures Workshop, , General Principles, Pass/Fail Criteria, Installing Fit Test Adapters, Calculating Pass/Fail criteria for fit testing, Improving Testing Techniques, Interpretation of Test Results, Common Testing Mistakes Pitfalls, False Positive and False Negative Tests, Disassembly and Assembly Special Respirator Problems and Solutions, Re-assembly & Final Inspection
Your Instructor: – Dennis Terpin –ASSP Chicago/ Hawaii Chapter Member, ACS, AIHA
Dennis A. Terpin, PhD, O.H.S.T. Dr. Terpin is a member of the retired Z88, and Z88.10 and the new ASTM International Technical Committee F23.65 on Personal Protective Clothing and Respiratory Protection/Equipment. Retired Senior Industrial Hygienist, Emergency Manager for the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Terpin is a Certified Master Instructor for FEMA, Department of Homeland Security teaching at the Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) COBRA live agent training center instructing in respiratory protection. Dennis has over 50 years of experience in the Occupational Safety, Health, Laboratory Safety and Emergency Management
Dr. Terpin presented Technical Session and Professional Development Sessions on Respiratory Protection at the International Society for Respiratory Protection (ISRP), National Conferences of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), The Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA) and College & University Hazardous Material Management Conference (CUHMMC) annual conferences. This year he presented one of ASSP’s Super Sessions on Respiratory Protection...
Dr. Terpin has provided safety training to organizations such as the FEMA/DHS, Ford Motor Company (3 Counties), General Dynamics, United States Navy, United States Army, United States Air Force, Amoco, BP, Exxon, General Dynamics, Motorola, Google, GlaxoSmithKline, University of Hawaii, Kamehameha Schools, MIT, Georgetown University, Virginia Tech. University of Colorado- Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Penn State University, Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University, Kamehameha Schools, Georgia Institute of Technology, Kent State University Geauga Campus, University of Washington Tacoma Campus, Bemidji State University, Dartmouth College, National Institute of Standards and Technology, University of Central Florida, University of Illinois at Chicago, Northern Illinois University, University of Toronto Scarborough, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ecology Services, Inc., University of Hawaii, Whitman College, Brigham Young University, Loma Linda University, Texas A & M University – Corpus Christi, Université de Montréal, Oklahoma State, University of Houston–Downtown, Western Washington University, Washington State University Tri-Cities, Heritage University, Community Colleges of Spokane, Central Washington University, Seattle University, Columbia Basin College, University of Idaho, Washington State University, Eastern Washington University, Walla Walla University, The National Safety Council, OSHA Training Institute, and governmental agencies throughout the United States and 10 counties.
Venue: Construction Training Center of the Pacific - Waipahi's Mill Town Center